Pacific Surfliner service will be affected between Irvine and San Diego from April 28-30, 2017 due to scheduled track closures. During the closure, construction crews will perform work on multiple projects that will improve rail travel along the corridor.
Friday, April 28, 2017
Train 592 will be canceled.
Saturday-Sunday: April 29-30, 2017
- Train 796 will operate normally to Los Angeles, where bus service will be provided to Fullerton, Anaheim, Santa Ana, Irvine, San Juan Capistrano, Oceanside, Solana Beach, Old Town and San Diego. Buses will not make stops at Carlsbad Village, Carlsbad Poinsettia, Encinitas and Sorrento Valley.
- Trains 564, 580, 768, 774, 784 and 1790 will operate normally to Irvine, where express bus service will be provided from Irvine to San Juan Capistrano, Oceanside, Solana Beach, Old Town and downtown San Diego.
- Trains 579, 591, 595, 763, 769, 777 and 785 will be replaced with buses at all stations from San Diego to Irvine (except Old Town). At Irvine, customers can transfer to their respective Pacific Surfliner trains, serving all remaining stations on the route.
- Train 1761 will originate in Irvine, and bus service will not be provided between San Diego to Irvine.
- Passengers boarding at Old Town should take the San Diego Trolley to San Diego and board the bus to Irvine. Please allow sufficient travel time.
- Local travel may not be available between all stations. Check with Amtrak for schedule information.
- Metrolink will honor Amtrak tickets between San Juan Capistrano and Los Angeles.
Why are the closures needed?
Tracks will be closed to allow for construction crews to perform work on multiple improvement projects. This includes adding another track and extending the platform at the Oceanside Transit Center, constructing a second rail track in San Diego County, improving railroad bridges over the San Diego River and Los Peñasquitos Lagoon, and more. Thank you for your patience as we work to improve rail service in Southern California.
We appreciate your patronage and apologize for any inconvenience. For schedules and information, visit Amtrak.com, use our free mobile apps, speak with station personnel or call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).