Ongoing construction projects along our corridor keep the tracks in top condition and contribute to overall improvements in rail travel. Upcoming projects will require temporary track closures so crews can perform necessary work.
April 20, 2018:
- Train 590 will be cancelled. Bus service will be offered from Los Angeles to San Diego, with stops in Oceanside, Solana Beach, Old Town San Diego, and Downtown San Diego. Buses will not stop at Fullerton, Anaheim, Santa Ana, Irvine, San Juan Capistrano, Carlsbad Village, and Sorrento Valley.
April 21-22, 2018:
- Trains 562, 565, 1566, 1567, 572, 573, 583 and 1588 are cancelled. Passengers can make reservations aboard other Amtrak trains. Train 782 will operate between Goleta and Los Angeles only, with no alternative service available south of Los Angeles.
- Train 796 is also cancelled between Los Angeles and San Diego, with connecting bus bridge service available between Los Angeles, San Diego and intermediate stations (except for Carlsbad Village and Sorrento Valley).
- Southbound Trains 564, 580, 584, 768, 774 and 792 will operate normally to Irvine, where express bus service will be provided from Irvine to San Juan Capistrano, Oceanside, Solana Beach, Old Town San Diego, and Downtown San Diego only. Bus bridges will NOT stop at Carlsbad Village or Sorrento Valley. Northbound buses will also not stop at San Diego-Old Town.
- Northbound Trains 579, 591, 595, 763, 769, 777, 785 and 1761 will not operate from San Diego to Irvine. Bus service will be provided for all trains (except Train 1761) from San Diego Santa Fe Depot, Solana Beach, Oceanside, and San Juan Capistrano to Irvine. Northbound buses will depart earlier than the corresponding train. Bus bridges will NOT stop at Carlsbad Village or Sorrento Valley. Northbound buses will also not stop at San Diego-Old Town.
- Checked baggage service is not available south of Santa Ana.
Why are the closures needed?
Track closures allow for construction crews to perform work on multiple improvement projects. This includes constructing additional rail track, improving or replacing bridges, and more. Thank you for your patience as we work to improve rail service in Southern California.
We appreciate your patronage and apologize for any inconvenience. For schedules and information, visit PacificSurfliner.com, use the free Amtrak mobile app, speak with station personnel or call 1-800-USA-RAIL (1-800-872-7245).